Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nevada

unlawful foreclosre

my father took out a mortgage on the house that i have been living in. He defaulted on the mortgage, but I was on the deed for the house. No one notified me that the mortgage had been defaulted on. I now find myself finding out that the house has been sold at auction to the bank and am being evicted. Do I have any recourse. I can pay the back payments that he did not pay and bring the mortgage current.

Asked on 12/16/07, 9:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jeffrey Cogan Jeffrey A. Cogan, Esq., Ltd.

Re: unlawful foreclosre

Yes, you have to be notified if you were on the deed. You can try to work out a deal with the bank as they don't want the property especially since you can bring the mortgage current.

If they are not willing to do that, you will have to sue and then after the judge grants our motion to say that you were not notified, they will have to take the money and hopefully reimburse you for your attorney's fees.

Read more
Answered on 12/17/07, 10:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nevada