Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nevada

Say you were left property from a long time friend that has an old trailer on the property, my frined din't realize that he should have put in the trust both the property and the trailer, it seems I am not able to sell the property because the old trailer not even worth $3,000 is there any way to abandon the trailer like put it in the newspaper so I can sell this property?

Asked on 6/28/11, 3:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Greenberg Greenberg & Nguyen Attorneys at Law

You can take title to the trailer by filling out an "Affidavit of Small Estates" which you would file or record with the DMV or Manufactured Housing Authority dending upon the type of trailer it is. When you have perfected the title in your name you can then legally sell it.

In the alternative you can place an ad on Craigslist under "Free" stuff, give aways and just give it up.

George D. Greenberg, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/11, 1:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nevada