Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire

I have an custody agreement that was agreed to in coaurt and we have been following for some time now between me and my ex wife for my son. She now wants him to sign up for a sport on a night that I legally have him. I do not agree to him going to this sport on this night. My ex is now threatening to take me to court to get the days changed. Is this something she can do, and what would be the liklihood of them changing the court order?

Asked on 11/18/13, 8:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ian Reardon Ian Reardon - Attorney at Law

A court is going to consider the best interest of the child. Always.

Did your ex-wife do this out of spite or did your son really want to play the sport? If he really wants to play the sports, and its not a danger to him, I'm not sure if a court would stop him. You would not look very good before the court trying to keep your son from doing something he would like to do.

I recommend you consult a family law attorney. They can help you come up with a proposal that your ex-wife and you might agree upon and that also looks favorable to a court.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/13, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire