Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Hampshire

I live in a condo, governed by an association. My unit was damaged on the interior by ice dams on the outside, as were more than half of the other units. The board is telling us we need to pay the master policy deductible, each unit affected, individually, before we can collect insurance. Should those monies come from an assessment to the entire association?

Asked on 3/06/15, 1:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce L. Dorner Dorner Law Office

A review of your condominium declaration, bylaws, rules and regulations would be required in order to answer your question. Also, be sure to notify your own insurance company. Sometimes the two insurance carriers can work things out between them to address the damage issues.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/15, 6:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Hampshire