Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

Slip and Fall accident

I fell down in a store. They paid for medical bills but only up to $5,000. I need an operation and Physical Therapy due to injury. They refuse to pay. They claim they were not negligent and that my own insurance from work should cover the rest. But my work health plan refuses, since it's not an illness. What can I do?

Asked on 8/04/05, 7:12 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

David Polsky Law Offices of David W. Polsky

Re: Slip and Fall accident


You might have some recourse, but I need to know some additional information.

1. Did you work for the store, or were you in the store for some business purpose for your job?

2. How did the fall happen? What did you slip on, were there any witnesses, did you file an incident report?

3. When did the accident occur?

YOu can find some general infoamtion at my webcite:

Polskylegal com

Read more
Answered on 8/04/05, 8:09 pm
Adam L. Rothenberg Levinson Axelrod, P.C.

Re: Slip and Fall accident

If the store is laible for hte accident, then they can be made to pay for your medical treatment by successful suit, as well as recovering for your pain and siffering. On the other hand, if there is not any responsibility for the accident, then your insurance must pay even if it is an accident.

You would benefit from consultation directly with an attorney. We can help you decide what hte best course is, and at no cost for consultation.

Please feel free to contact me at 800-34-NJ-LAW

Adam L. Rothenberg

Read more
Answered on 8/08/05, 9:55 am

Re: Slip and Fall accident

depending upon howthe cause of the fall, they may be liable to you for your medical bills and pain and suffering. I would need more info in order to properly advise you.




Read more
Answered on 8/05/05, 11:12 am
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Re: Slip and Fall accident

You need an experienced attorney. Please call me at 973-890-0400. you do have a way to pursue this, and I would like to help.

Bob Davies

Read more
Answered on 8/05/05, 11:41 am
Blair Lane, Sr Earp Cohn, P.C.

Re: Slip and Fall accident

Slip & Fall Accidents

Sorry to hear that you were involved in a slip & fall accident and sustained injuries. You do need a lawyer to represent your interests, the insurance companies have lawyers so should you. The good news is that you will not have to pay attorney´┐Żs fees, unless there is a recovery from your claim, therefore, if there is no recovery you should not have to pay attorney fees. Most personal injury lawyers will take a case on a contingency basis or a contingent fee, usually approximately one third of what is recovered.

You could therefore have a claim for personal injuries, pain and suffering as well as other economic loss (medical bills etc) against one or more of the other drivers. Common claims arising out of a slip & fall accident include claims for unpaid medical bills, lost income, property damage, loss of services of a spouse and claims for pain and suffering as a result of the injuries sustained in the slip & fall accident.

Please contact be for a free no-obligation consultation. (856-489-4353) There are no attorney fees unless you get a recovery. The insurance companies have lawyers - you should have one to protect your rights.

Blair C. Lane, Sr., Esquire, is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey and the

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and has represented slip & fall accident victims or more than 15 years.

The information contained in this response is intended to provide general information regarding a general legal question. This information contained in the response is not to be construed as legal advice and you should not rely upon any information as legal advice. Legal advice can only be obtained through a complete consultation with my office or an attorney admitted to practice law in your State. Any information obtained through this response should not be deemed to create any attorney/client relationship.

Please contact me for a free initial consultation.

Blair C. Lane, Sr. Attorney at Law

Two Split Rock Drive

Suite 5

Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

Telephone: 856-489-4353

Facsimile: 856-489-4363

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Web Site:

Read more
Answered on 8/05/05, 6:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey