Legal Question in Business Law in New Jersey

property liens

my aircraft was serviced by a repair station in NJ. They purchased a part from a vendor in Fl. Although I paid the shop in NJ, they did not pay the vendor in Fl who then filed a lien on my plane. How can I get more info on this process?

Asked on 7/24/08, 1:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: property liens

You should probably seek the advice of an attorney. If things work out the right way, it shouldn't get too expensive. Some harsh letters from an attorney often gets the job done.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/08, 1:13 pm
Richard Wolf Wolf Law Associates LLC

Re: property liens

This should not involve much work but will require some coaching from a lawyer. I would suggest have a letter over your signature go to the repair shop and ask for basic information relative to the lien. If you need to escalate the matter, your lawyer should surface and make a more formal demand for immediate relief.

I would be happy to assist if you need further advice.

(This response to an anonymous question is general guidance and does not consitute not legal advice, or form an attorney-client relationship.)

Read more
Answered on 7/24/08, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New Jersey