Legal Question in Consumer Law in New Jersey

Can a lawyer force garnishment payments from me that exceed what I can afford without acknowledging my certified letters to the court and them my intentions to pay only what I can afford monthly?

Asked on 9/20/13, 5:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You really need to talk to a lawyer and see what you can do to stop this.

You can not afford to let them take your paycheck and bank account.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the first office visit.

I know people worry about how expensive a lawyer is, so I am careful to be as inexpensive as I can for my clients. Before you spend a dime, you will know how much this is likely to be.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


For more information on family law and divorce, see my website:

Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 7:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New Jersey