Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

Conset Search Forms

I had a similar question asked before but i just thought of something. In my situation a police detective from a PD and an investigator for the county prosecutors office, both from another county, questioned me while not in custody. The investigator threatened my mothers life to gain access to my computer in my bedroom. i had to sign the consent form. THe investigator entered my mom's apartment without her persmission to get my computer. THe form that was used was from the Police department of the detective not from the county office. IN the form the investigator does not make notice of his lack of affiliation with the police department used. Basically, the form states that he is an officer of the detectives police department and not of the prosecutors office. He states he is from the same police department as the detectivem, but he is not.! Is this form legal. Since he is not from the department that he states he is from as stated on the form?

Asked on 2/20/07, 1:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

Re: Conset Search Forms

I would have to look at the actual evidence before I could give you an answer. It sounds very much like you definitely need to hire a criminal defense lawyer. Please contact me to discuss the actual facts of your whole case. I never charge for simply talking to a person about their case. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, Ronald Aronds, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/07, 4:39 pm
Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: Conset Search Forms

I suggest you get an attorney to worry about all of this for you. Regardless of whether or not it is legal, I don't really see what you can do with that information. Furthermore, I would need to see all of the evidence before I can tell you whether or not you have a good motion to suppress.

A large part of my practice focuses on computer crimes, so call me at 732/247/3340 if you'd like to discuss your case. My initial consultations are always free.

Read more
Answered on 2/20/07, 1:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey