Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

Knowling not reporting a deceased person

my friends son was renting a room with his best friend.He came home from work and found his friend dead from a herion overdose.Instead of calling the police,he freaked and went to his aunts house.Two days later the deceased was found.He was arrested and his mother can't get the police to tell her what the charges are.What would he be charged with for not reporting the death?

Asked on 3/01/06, 8:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Knowling not reporting a deceased person

The possibilities are not pleasant. The friend is dead from a drug overdose and the failure to report the death may be taken as an indication of involvement in whatever caused the death, or it may not. Death resulting from an illegal substance might cause the police to look very hard at anyone who might have provided the drug.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

Read more
Answered on 3/02/06, 9:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey