Legal Question in Criminal Law in New Jersey

My son who lives in Cherry Hill NJ had been fighting with his live in girlfriend. They have a 2.5 year old son together. Police came to house and went inside and found under 50 grams of marijuana on the kitchen table. He was asleep in the bedroom with his son.They only charged him with under 50 grams and endangering the welfare / neglect of a child. I believe that his girlfriend let the cops in has set this up.. How can they charge him only when she lives in the house as well?

What can be done?

Asked on 1/13/14, 10:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


They can do what they want to do....I would be more concerned that your son is keeping marijuana in the house where he is living with his little child, and if the girlfriend is tolerating that, they could both lose their child (your grandchild)

If this is his first offense, he may be eligible for a program where he could have the charges eventually dismissed and his record cleaned (expunged)

He should have an experienced lawyer. (I am in practice for 40 years)

Feel free to call me to discuss--- 215-370-2608

My web site is

Read more
Answered on 1/13/14, 12:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New Jersey