Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I am a 50 year old female, I lost my job due to an arm injury. I can no longer work at my profession.I am a hairdresser and currently applying to salons as a receptionist. I threw my husband out of my home for videotaping my 20 year old daughter naked . I am married 5 years . I want the house and alimony , my husband has a great job. I live in new jersey . Can I leave the details out of my divorce..or do I need to threaten him with his freedom ? my daughter does not know ,,my husband has 2 young sons and I do not want to hurt them

Asked on 7/13/14, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

That is......well, I am the father of two grown daughters and I am speechless.

the 20 yr old girl is not his daughter, I understand that. Violating her privacy like that is a serious crime, unless he has some kind of explanation or excuse that makes any sense. I can not think of one.

There are a lot of ways to handle this, but you clearly want to get away from him.

There is a lot to talk about. You need to sit down with a good divorce attorney and plan this carefully before you take action.

I am not nearby, but not too far. Your divorce would be filed in Freehold Courthouse.

Go talk to a smart divorce attorney near you, and take action.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you.

I will take the time to answer questions, so you will know what your options are.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/14, 8:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey