Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

my father just recently passed away and I know he had a will , however i have not spoke to my brothers and sister we have been involved in an argument for the past 4 years I do not know if my father left me in his will or not. we were on speaking terms when he passed. No one in my family has contacted me as to what is happening so I am in an awkward situation .one of my brothers wife works for an attorney and he is the executor of the will is there anyway I can find out if I am in the will and if my father split everything like he said he was always going to do and leave something for my children. I recently moved to texas

from new jersey and that is where everyone one is

Asked on 6/03/13, 9:55 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

I can answer your questions for you, and it is fairly simple. I would like to speak to you in person, in my office and go over this. No charge for the office consultation.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the first office visit.

I know people worry about how expensive a lawyer is, so I am careful to be as inexpensive as I can for my clients. Before you spend a dime, you will know how much this is likely to be.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


For more information on family law and divorce, see my website:

Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 10:17 am

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

If you know what county your father lived in when he passed away, an inquiry to that county's Office of the Surrogate will determine whether or not the will has been probated. In that manner, you can get a copy. If it has not yet been probated, you will need to make inquiry of your family, as uncomfortable as that may be. It may be easier for you to obtain an attorney to make these inquiries and to assist you.

Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. Since it appears that you have not retained an attorney, you should contact an attorney who practices in or near the county where your father passed away to discuss your matter in more detail. Only then will you be able to rely on the advice. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 6/03/13, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey