Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Just found out my ex got remarried in NJ. Can I stop alimony now?

Asked on 3/25/13, 10:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Levy Raff & Raff, LLP

It sounds like there is either a settlement agreement and/or a court order directing you to pay alimony. You should retain an attorney (probably easiest to just go back to the person who represented you during the divorce) and make sure that the proper documents are signed and/or filed with the court. Never a good idea to simply stop paying, but yet, alimony should end upon the remarriage of the spouse.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/13, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey