Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

I currently live in NJ and have sole custody of my son. His father lives in Wisconsin and hasn't contacted him at all in 8 years. He pays child support but no visitation and our court papers say he has no decision making rights whatsoever. I got a job in Texas and will be moving there in a couple months. Who do I contact about this? Do I need his permission? Do I tell NJ child support ahead of time or wait till I'm in Texas and file a change of address? How will the support order transfer to the new state?

Asked on 1/05/14, 2:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Come in and see me, and bring all the court papers. I will give you advice on how to do this without causing problems that you can avoid.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/14, 8:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey