Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

i currently live in south jersey and have a son who is 8 months old. his father left us when he was only 3 weeks and does not help support him at all and also hardly sees him. im engaged and want to move to delaware with my son which is where my mother lives and also my soon to be husband who has a four bedroom house and a great job. would i be allowed to do this as long as i keep the visitation agreement that is currently set up with my sons paternal grandparents

Asked on 11/06/12, 6:31 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

You need to file a motion first. We'd be happy to help you with that. Call us anytime at 732/773.2768

Read more
Answered on 11/06/12, 8:06 am


Normally, when you take a youngster out of the jurisdiction, you need court permission. That can be accomplished with a motion. The main thing is that those with visitation rights have access to the child.

Also, the agreement itself to which you are referring should be in writing, approved by the Court, and may have a provision touching on location and removal.

Call if you would like to discuss. web:


Member NJ and PA Bars

Read more
Answered on 11/06/12, 10:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey