Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

Non-compliance to a Parenting Plan

What is considered a reasonable period in regards to a non-compliance to a parenting plan? In order to be found in non-compliance to a parenting plan should there be a parenting schedule for a NCP to follow? I had a parenting schedule for 4 1/2 years that I followed in which I shared 50/50 custody of my child. When I found out I was paying child support calculated on the incorrect sole parenting worksheet the CP lied and said I was not keeping to the schedule despite evidence of the CP interfering with my being able to pick up my son. I had police reports. The CP is abusing her position and the courts are allowing her to do so. She just recently served me with papers charging me with non-compliance with a parenting plan. I have been trying to get a new schedule since 2005. She has alienated my son from me. I recently went to court pro se. The Judge increased my child support stating she incurred cost for the nearly 2 years my son was being kept from me. The judge did not consider I paid child support for 4 1/2 years on a sole worksheet when my son was with me 50% of the time and the CP income was 2x the amt child support was being calc. What can I do? I cant afford the cs amt and the arrearage it put on me. what can I do?

Asked on 5/30/07, 8:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Non-compliance to a Parenting Plan

You have twenty days from the date of your receiving the Order from the Court's last ruling to file a motion for reconsideration based on all that you have stated here.

Call me if you like.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

Read more
Answered on 5/30/07, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey