Legal Question in Family Law in New Jersey

My wife and i have been seperated for the past four yrs. She got alimony and child support right in the beginning. She now lives with her boyfriend and i can prove he lives there with court documents. Can i get the alimony reduced or removed?? we were married 18 yrs and i live in nj

Asked on 9/09/13, 9:23 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Gleaner Robert A. Gleaner, P.C.

Absent agreement to the contrary, once a person is living with another, alimony may be modified, reduced or possibly negated. This depends on the evidence that would be produced; however, that is the general rule.

Keep in mind that this advice is based purely on the little bit of information that you have given to me. There certainly may be other factors that would change my opinion. Further, no one can rely on advice from an attorney who has not been retained. You will only be able to rely on advice from an attorney who you have actually retained. Good luck! Rob Gleaner

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 9:27 am

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You may be able to get the alimony cut down or stopped.

There is a lot at risk here, and you do not want to lose all of that.

You need a lawyer to sit down with you and give you some advice.

I can explain things in detail in person after we talk. I will explain what legal issues I see, and what I can do to assist you.

This will be a free consultation. After we talk, you can decide what you would like to do.

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]



Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 9:40 am
Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

You might. Remember, she is going to fight you application and make things up.

Call me.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Jersey