Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New Jersey

Someone using My address

I am now recieving mail for a corporation which has been registered as

being my address. I am getting their banking docs.

I have checked with my neighbors and feel that this is deliberateon

someone's part. Perhapes the former owner of my house.

How do I find out whoi the owner of this corporation is?

And get them to stop this mischief.

And is there any civil or criminal liability to such a practice when doen



Asked on 10/18/04, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Albin Alan S. Albin, Attorney at Law

Re: Someone using My address

If you are receiving incorrectly addressed mail, then all you need to do is cross out your address and write: "Return to Sender--No Such Party at this Address" on the mailpieces.

If the problem continues, notify your Postmaster.

I strongly recommend that you consult with an attorney immediately so that you can explore your legal rights, obligations, and options. If you wish to discuss retaining my services, contact me at:

[email protected]


(*Licensed in New Jersey, Maryland, and Dist. of Columbia)

[Disclaimer: The above comments are not intended as nor should they be relied upon as "legal advice", which can only be obtained by personal consultation with a retained attorney; at which time the specific facts and circumstances of your case can be thoroughly evaluated. This reply is provided for general informational and educational purposes only, and does not create an attorney-client relationship with the responding attorney.]

Read more
Answered on 10/19/04, 10:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New Jersey