Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey


I have the following problem with my name:

Original as in Birth certificate:

First: FN

Last Name: LN

Middle Name: MN

Name as in passport and Green card:

First Name: MN

Last Name: LN FN

Now I want to change my name in passport and green card to match my Birth certificate.

Please advice.

Asked on 1/07/11, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dianne Brooks The Mandel Law Firm

To change your name in your passport you will need to contact your embassy and find out what the procedure is. You should take care of that first, and then apply for a name change through USCIS. Be sure that you have no outstanding issues which could cause problems with your LPR status.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/11, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey