Legal Question in International Law in New Jersey


I want to open an internet business and offer my service to people in brazil. I live in the united states. I am opening a consulting practice. I am not selling products. I will be operating in the united states. I do not have an office in brazil. Do I need to register my business and pay taxes in brazil? Do I need a visa in order to sell to brazil? Thank you.

Asked on 1/20/15, 10:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

Your questions about Brazil should be directed to a Brazilian attorney. Regardless, keep in mind that you have to comply with all US business and labor laws and should register a corporate entity and obviously pay the required taxes, even if the source of monies you will earning is from abroad.

I help entrepreneurs, just like you, set up businesses that work with foreign clients. Please ping me offline for help.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/15, 5:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in New Jersey