Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

I have had three c sections. My last section was may 10 . A few months after my birth I started having extremely painful lower back pain in the same place where they put the epidurl or my c section. I cannot stand for more than 15 minutes at a time. It is constatnt pain. Do you think I can sue the hosptial over this? what would the process be?

Asked on 1/11/11, 11:06 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Grassi Barry, Corrado, Grassi & Gibson, PC

It is possible you may have a suit against the doctor or anesthesiologist. That would depend if they violated some standard in your care, and if that standard is the cause of your injury. Have you sought medical care for the pain? That should be your first step. Your second step is to consult with an attorney experienced in handling that type of case.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/11, 11:37 am
Lawrence Berezin Shapiro & Berezin, P.C.


I agree with Mr. Grassi. You will be well served to consult with an attorney as soon as possible. The attorney will obtain your medical records from the hospital, and have your records reviewed by an expert to determine whether any of the health care professionals involved in your medical treatment was negligent.

In the world of medical malpractice, that occurs when a health care professional fails to treat you in a manner agreed upon by a consensus of the medical community. If this deviation from the standard of care agreed upon by a consensus of the medical community practicing in the area of your care, caused or significantly contributed to your back pain, you have a case against the careless health care professional(s), and possibly the hospital.

I hope you feel better.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/16/11, 11:51 am
Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

Yes, you may have a claim, and it sounds like you are in a lot of pain.

Call me, and I will assist you. The phone call is free. You really should talk to a lawyer soon.

Robert Davies, Attorney 201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 1/18/11, 8:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey