Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

I'm a hair dresser. I was cutting a clients hair when a friends ex boyfriend came in and hit me on the head and also on my hand with a bat. My hand was broken and I spent 3 days in the hospital. I have no insurance, the police is still trying to arrest the assailant. He's on the run. Anyway, I will now be out of work for 2-3 months. Am I screwed? Can my place of work cover my medical bills?

Asked on 1/27/15, 6:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Grassi Barry, Corrado, Grassi & Gibson, PC

You can try to put a worker's compensation claim in since this happened at work. You can also make a claim with the Violent Crime Compensation Office. You certainly sound like you qualify.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/15, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey