Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I own a condo in NJ. I bought it while single, but I have since gotten married & legally changed my name. I forgot to change the name on the deed from maiden to married name. We want to rent out this condo soon, as we are moving into a new home. Do I need to change the name on deed and title insurance before I can rent out the condo? How long can I expect that to take?

Asked on 4/23/13, 1:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

this is not a huge issue. there are a couple of important things to think about, which I would suggest you consider. you may want to keep this property separate from your husband, or you may want to do the opposite. there are some important results of each choice.

I suggest you call my office and come to see me. I will not charge you for the consultation, and I will talk you through the legal issues. Please bring the deed with you.

I am a general practice attorney, and I would like to be your family's attorney for this issue and whatever legal issues come along.

Robert Davies, Esq.

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 4/23/13, 1:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey