Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

I own a condominium in a mid-rise buliding. All the units have hardwood floors and there are rules regarding carpeting and noise. My upstairs neighbor is running some type of machinery night and day, although they swear they do not have any such things. The property mgr. says she has visited the unit and saw nothing, but I don't believe they did a "thorough" search, like examining walk-in closets and such. The noise does not travel into the halls so you can not hear it outside the uni. The police even though they might hear it in my unit when they goo outside of the offending unit they hear nothing and then tell me to bring it up with the HOA who seem to be impotent because as far as I am aware, none of my other neighbors can hear these noises or they don't hear them as loud as I do because they are not directly underneath the unit. I am not imagining this. Also my unit will at times vibrate and shake. I have kept a log for a few mionths and fowarded copies to the HOA but have now grown weary of repeating the same same occcurences over and over again. Yes, sometimes my guests have heard it, but the intensisty and times of day/night vary. I need some type of sound/vibration measuring instruments with hardcopy readouts that I can use to prove that I have a big problem with whatevever is going on upstairs. If you have any sugestions it would be much appreciated, because I'm coming close to getting myself into a slanderous situation here because what is happening is not normal. Thanks, BFD

Asked on 12/20/11, 12:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

This will take some work, and some investigating. You have already done the obvious steps that should have gotten this resolved.

I am local, and would be willing to help you. Call me, come on in and let's see what creative steps can be taken to get this fixed. No charge for the first office visit, and bring your condo documents including the rules and regulations of the condo.

Robert Davies, Attorney

201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 12/20/11, 12:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey