Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New Jersey

My mother died six years ago and my two brothers and myself have inherited two houses from her estate. My youngest brother is the sole executor and is currently taken care and paying all the necessary bills of both properties. There are no talks or plannings of selling either one or both houses at the present time. My question here is am I entitle to a buyout of both properties even though I've never made any monetary contributions? Because he's the executor does it make it right for me and my older brother (I'm 56 and my older brother is 58) are waiting in the wind knowingly that a buyout can aid us financially for a few more years.

Asked on 6/07/13, 11:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

Your question is a little unclear. I would suggest that you call my office for a consultation. I will explain your rights to you. //the fact that you have never made any monetary contributions does not change the fact that you are still entitled to your share.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 11:40 am

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You have been waiting for years. Far too long.

I suggest that you talk to a lawyer like me, and take action.

What is he waiting for?

Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the first office visit.

I know people worry about how expensive a lawyer is, so I am careful to be as inexpensive as I can for my clients. Before you spend a dime, you will know how much this is likely to be.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly. I would be happy to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/13, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New Jersey