Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

Failure to observe traffic control device

I got a ticket for ''Failure to observe traffic control device'' with my visit from VA to Jersey City/NY. I missed my right turn to Holland Tunnel on Marin Ave so I went straight and had to make a U-Turn. I didn't see the sign for no left turn and followed a car and made the turn. Got stopped and handed a ticket half an hour later.

What are my chance in fighting to get this reduced or waived? How much would i have to pay a attorney if I decide to do so. The whole thing with the no point ''unsafe driving'' that I read about is 6 points I believe in Virginia which got me very confused. Should I just pay the $85 fine with 2 pts?

Asked on 10/15/07, 4:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gary Moore Gary Moore Attorney At Law

Re: Failure to observe traffic control device

In Hudson County it is often possible to get a less expensive no pointer. I can appear in court for your with an affidavit signed by you authorizing me to handdle the matter for you.

Call me if you like.

Gary Moore, Esquire

Hackensack, New Jersey

Read more
Answered on 10/15/07, 4:26 pm

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

Re: Failure to observe traffic control device

If its just 2 points and you have no points on your DL, it may make more sense to just get rid of this and not pay an attorney. I suggest you call up Virginia DMV and find out what will happen if you do this.

The other issue is having to come all the way up here. If you have to (or want to fight it), you can get an attorney to handle this for you without you having to come up here.

Call me for free to discuss this in more detail.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/07, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey