Legal Question in Traffic Law in New Jersey

I was issued four tickets in December of 1987 for motor vehicle offenses in Wood Ridge New Jersey one for driving on the suspended list, driving an unregistered vehicle, fictitious plates and no insurance I never went to court to clear this up or to be found quilty or innocent or received any fines. I lived out of state much of the last 25 years I am back in NJ and want to clear this up so I can get a drivers license in the state of NJ. I called Wood Ridge and got a court date. I would like to know will this be dismissed, is there a statue of limitations on these offenses? what will happen when i go to court?

Asked on 2/09/12, 12:35 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

there is no statute of limitations. I would suggest that you retain an Attorney to minimize your fines. Some of your tickets carry with the possibility of a suspension of driving priviledges Going without a lawyer is just nort good sense, I have worked on several cases of this nature. Call my office to set up an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/12, 12:41 pm

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

I agree with what the other attorney has said. You face some possible serious fines and license suspension. Depending on what the charges are, you may possibly face jail time, I would need to know what offenses to tell you whether that is a real threat.

Get a lawyer, please!

I can help you with this. Give me a call, make an appointment to come see me, and let's get moving on this for you. No charge for the telephone call and no charge for the first office visit.

Robert Davies, Esq. 201-820-3460

The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

45 Essex Street, Suite 3 West

Hackensack New Jersey 07601

Phone: 201-820-3459

Fax: 201-820-3461

Email: [email protected]


Please keep in mind that my response is just a general comment on your question, and not legal advice. I have answered based upon the law of the State of New Jersey where I practice; the laws in other states may be very different, and may result in very different outcomes. Your question and any response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship between you and this law firm. The exact details of your situation and things that you have not mentioned in your question can completely change the response I gave. You can not rely upon what I have written as legal advice, because I do not have all of the information that I need to advise you, I only have the very small amount of information that you put into your question. To get legal advice that you can rely on and use, please contact me directly.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/12, 3:28 pm
Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

There is no statute of limitations, but an experienced attorney can possibly get these summonses either downgraded or dismissed. Plesae contact my office to discuss your case in more detail and to see how I can assist you. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 2/09/12, 6:04 pm
Jonathan Mincis Jonathan J. Mincis, Esq. Law Offices

There is no statute of limitations but the penalties on some of the tickets can be severe including suspensions, possible jail or fines. Your outcome depends on several issues such do you have any priors for Driving while Suspended or Driving without Insurance. Sometimes it is possible to get tickets dismissed in this situation depending on whether the Officer is even still available considering you received the tickets almost 25 years ago. However, even if the Prosecutor may consider dismissing the summonses if the officer is no longer available (i e he is retired, lives out of the area) some Judges still may issue a fine against the person for contempt for ignoring the tickets for so long and obviously failing to appear in Court. Sometimes also based on the unavailability of the Officer, the Prosecutor may be willing to offer a reasonable plea deal that would clearly minimize the penalties. Please feel free to contact me. (201)-894-9498. I have over twenty years experience handling municipal Court matters and would be very happy to speak to you about the situation

Read more
Answered on 2/11/12, 7:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in New Jersey