Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

I am Executor of an Estate. I have filed a Warrant to Satisfy Judgment to expunged a CLOSED PAID IN FULL CHILD SUPPORT JUDGEMENT from 1999. The county in which the case was filed refuses to process the paperwork because I am not the PLAINTIFF of the case. I cannot distribute benefits to the deceased family without documentation that ALL JUDGMENTS are cleared.

Asked on 2/14/22, 4:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hello, you must call the county and explain to them again what you stated in your question. Specifically, tell them you are the executor of the estate. you tell them that you will provide them proof that you are the executor of the estate if they need that but that you represent the deceased daughter and by law you have to file this document. You may have to call more than once and you may have to talk to more than one person, unfortunately, until the situation gets resolved. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck to you.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/22, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey