Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

father and mother died over 5 months ago family is not doing anything... NO will and one brother still lives in the dads house....

Asked on 7/02/13, 9:51 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

John Ducey Law Offices of John G. Ducey, PC

You can go to the Surrogate Court in the County where your parents lived and qualify as an administrator and start the process.

John Ducey


Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 9:57 am
Keith Singer Keith A. Singer, Attorney At Law

If you are not comfortable handling the probate matter yourself you you may call my office for an appointment. Keith A. Singer, Esq. 732-749-3700

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 10:06 am
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Someone has to represent the estate and if there is no Will all children are equally entitled to be appointed as Administrator. Best is to choose someone to act for all. This is a little complicated and may involve some disagreement among the siblings. Best is to have an attorney assist you.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/13, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey