Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in New Jersey

My grandmother moved from texas to new jersey. She signed a form in texas not to keep her on lifesupport if she couldn't live on her own. Is that form sufficient for new jersey or does she need to sign another form for this state? Thank you.

Asked on 12/02/11, 10:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Larry Raiken Larry S Raiken LLC

What you are describing is a living will and if it was executed in accordance with New Jersey Law then you will not have to do anything. If you want me to review it please make an appointment with my office.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/11, 10:33 am

Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

It could be OK, if it meets NJ's requirements for signing. Best is to have it checked by an attorney familiar with these matters. If you could scan it and send it to me, I would look it over and let you know.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/11, 12:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in New Jersey