Legal Question in Workers Comp in New Jersey

Back Injury

hurt my back 9-2007 carrying trays. got a lawyer and filed 1-19-2007. slipped and fell at work last week. 5-2007....doing more damage. work doctor is refering me back to workmans comp neurosurgon, My question is...Is this a new claim or can they lump it into one..? My Lawyer said he will file the claim but nothing will change..I work in a casino and want a new MRI done..Do not feel they should be allowed a 2 for 1 freebie at my expense. Can I insist on a MRI??Can I insist ongoing back to the Lawyers Doctor?And most of all can I be compensated twice for two different injuries?

Asked on 6/05/07, 8:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Aronds Law Office of Ronald Aronds, LLC

Re: Back Injury

This is a new injury so a new claim petition should be filed. You can, and probably should, get a new MRI since you may have hurt a different part of your back or may have hurt your same part of your back even more, and a new MRI will show the comparison between the first and second injuries. If you want your medical bills paid for by the workers compensation insurance carrier you have to go to their authorized doctor. And yes, you may be able to get compensated for both injuries depending upon what the medical evidence shows. You should talk to your current attorney about this first. If you are dissatisfied with your current attorney feel free to contact me to discuss your case. Thank you.

Sincerely yours, -Ronald Aronds, Esq.-

Read more
Answered on 6/05/07, 4:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in New Jersey