Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I have 2 leins on my house from ex-huband who is in a mental hosp. how do I get rit of them. 1 of the creditor sent cancellation of debt to the IRS this year.

Asked on 3/16/13, 1:32 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Sirianni The Law Office of Thomas A. Sirianni

Give me a call to discuss. 516-314-1343

Read more
Answered on 3/16/13, 4:02 pm
Paul Vaygen Law Offices of Paul A. Vaygen

You need to obtain a release or satisfaction of lien in recordable form from the creditors. Upon receipt, you should have it recorded with your local county clerk or City Register if you are in New York City.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/13, 5:41 pm
Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

More information is needed. Did that creditor put YOUR ss# on the 1099? (That we can fix; and if it's just HIS ss#, it's not your problem). You might not be able to remove the liens if the ex still has ownership in whole or in part. If not, if he deeded he property to you before the liens were recorded, we can get the liens cancelled.

The creditors won't give you a release unless they are paid $$. Which I take it you want to avoid having to do. 516-242-1453.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/13, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York