Legal Question in Business Law in New York

My co-op building has given me a check in payment of a senior tax exemption I received for our real estate taxes. The city department of finance has told me that there was an upward adjustment in my exemption at the end of the fiscal year. They sent me a screen shot for my unit to confirm. But apparently the revised figure has not yet been reported to the co-op on a revised tax benefit report. If I go ahead and cash the co-op's check, am I accepting the amount shown? Could I let the co-op know that I am accepting the check in partial payment? --Thank you.

Asked on 11/27/20, 7:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You can cash the check. Doing so isn't going to effect any other money which you might be entitled to.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/20, 9:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in New York