Legal Question in Constitutional Law in New York

How to locate and gain control of a property my dad had he had passed away. I do understand the power of attorney but dnt know how to locate the house

Asked on 4/08/17, 7:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

The power of attorney is void after someone dies. Someone has to file papers in the Surrogate's to become the fiduciary (in charge) of your dad's estate. Once that's done, the fiduciary can do a lot of different things to track down the location of the house.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/17, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in New York