Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

Good moring

I loaned my cousin 600$ back in April 2008 she has returned 200$ in 50 dollar increments which was not easy to get. The 200$ was returned in Jan 2010 and nothing since then. Can I take her to small claims court.

Asked on 10/07/11, 8:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Paula McGill Attorney at Law

In short, yes. However, is suing her for $200 plus filing fees worth your time and aggravation. Moreover, once you obtain the judgment, you will have to move forward to collect.

Read more
Answered on 10/07/11, 11:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York