Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in New York

I recently received a bill for radiation treatment. I want to pay the bill but can only send a small amount each month. The patient financial service rep told me how much I must pay each month and I can't afford it...if I miss 2 consecutive months of payment they will turn it over to a collection agency. I am on a fixed income (senior, collecting social security) this is my only income. Can I just pay them a small amount like $10/month?

Asked on 3/06/10, 3:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Julie Mason Mason & Marchese, P.C.

The best option would be to negotiate with the financial services representative. If you are having trouble doing so, you may need the help of an attorney who might be able to arrive at a mutually acceptable payment plan.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/10, 9:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in New York