Legal Question in DUI Law in New York

i had a bench trial for an alledged dui...officers woke me up in a motel room and charged me with dui. my attorney has since moved to florida and the Town justice has vacated his bench. can a new sitting town justice sentence me because he says..."it appears in the former justice's notes that he convicted you"? is that legal!

Asked on 12/12/09, 12:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stuart Austin Austin Law Associates, PC

The best course of action would be to order the minutes from the trial. These would determine what ocurred.

Read more
Answered on 12/17/09, 1:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in New York