Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I have an 8 year old son who was born in New York. His father and I broke up during the pregnancy and at around 6 months old I moved to Arizona because I couldn't afford to be by myself in New York and his father had no desire to help. I filed for child support and was awarded $586. The order was established in New York but went through the child support prices here in Arizona so the money goes through New York and then Arizona before I get it. The last few months have been all over the place which I am understanding but what I don't understand is how I will only get $300 one month and then the rest around the 5th of the following month. Sometimes that amount is smaller and sometimes it's greater. Is there a way I can deal with just New York so i don't have to go through all this?

Asked on 6/05/15, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Since you live in Ariz. you need their help. Go talk to them.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/15, 1:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York