Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My husband and I have been separated for a year(not legally). We have one child together, which he has agreed to pay child support to up until 18yrs of age even though we are not divorced yet. The amount he is giving me is, most likely, more than my child would receive legally. Can a written document signed by him and myself agreeing to pay this amount, until my child is 18, be carried over into the divorce agreement when the time comes?? He has been paying this amount on a weekly basis for over a year. We are living our lives as a divorced couple with visitation agreements, child support, selling our house etc.

Asked on 5/27/15, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.


Read more
Answered on 5/28/15, 2:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York