Legal Question in Family Law in New York

if i was court ordered by ny to take classes can i take them in another state(tx)?

Asked on 1/04/13, 7:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Dubrowsky Nicholas S Dubrowsky

I am under the impression that the NY Court will retain jurisdiction over the case...with that assumption then:

I cannot see how the location where you take the classes will be a problem.

1. promptly inform the NY court of all information it requests about the program;

2. make sure the program is recognized by the new state's judiciary as acceptable; and

3. you provide any and all updated progress reports (one original and 3-5 copies) to show the NY court that a) you are complying with its orders and b) that you are acting in good faith

Read more
Answered on 1/05/13, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York