Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My daughter filed a restraining order on me but she has a car that I own is there anything I can do?

Asked on 4/10/12, 12:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Paula McGill Attorney at Law

It all depends on the wording of the restraining order.

It is impossible to advise you without knowing the terms and conditions of the order.

As a result, you should take it an attorney to review and to advise you. An attorney can also seek to recover the car for you if you have the right to do so. However, I doubt you can retrieve the car on your own.

Also licensed and practicing in New York.

Read more
Answered on 4/11/12, 10:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York