Legal Question in Family Law in New York

the fathers of my kids are not on their birth certificate even tho we are married can I get a divorce with having to include them and can I get a divorced with out them knowing or needing to sign

Asked on 1/10/24, 3:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John O'Donnell Attorney at Law

Children born during the marriage are marital children and must be included in your divorce papers. You cannot get divorced without your spouse knowing. It seems to me that you would benefit greatly if you had an attorney. Please feel free to contact me for a no cost initial consultation. I may be reached at (646) 580-1350.

Read more
Answered on 1/10/24, 5:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York