Legal Question in Family Law in New York

hi, how do I go about starting child support process for my son against his father. We did a DNA test when baby was 4months to prove paternity however that hasn't changes anything. He hasn't done much, he visited 4 times apart from that -he doesn't call, text or anything, doesn't ask how the baby is- nothing at all, just gives me $100/week. And when I ask for extra help he ignores me. Is there anything I need to know prior to get the process started?

Also would be fair to ask the judge for full custody and limited visits, he barley visits him now.. My son is 21 months and he has only seen him 4 times i dont want my son to go through what i went through growing up, my father disowned me my whole life.

Asked on 4/20/23, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You should retain a family law attorney to pursue a court order for child support and custody. Call me if you need a referral.

Read more
Answered on 4/20/23, 2:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York