Legal Question in Family Law in New York

How do I get a refund on overpaid alimony payments which were garnished from my wages. Payments should have ended in early 2022 according to income execution for support enforcement but have only just recently stopped. Will I need an attorney for this? I live in Nassau County,NY

Asked on 12/16/23, 8:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You need a court order to obtain refunds. I would use a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 12/17/23, 9:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York