Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I was granted sole custody of my two children and joint legal custody. However, one of the child law attorneys is requesting that I have a court ordered psych evaluation. She is not a psychiatrist nor a psychologist. She did not specify the grounds that have led up to this and my public defender never questioned it nor objected to it. I have some concerns with this and I do not want to take a psyc evaluation. Do I have to comply? NYS

Asked on 4/17/12, 11:48 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Anne Peyton Bryant Bryant & Bleier LLP

Did the judge order it? If so... Your non compliance may result in you losing custody of the children.

Read more
Answered on 4/22/12, 7:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York