Legal Question in Family Law in New York

My husband has his first court appearance with child support. The child is 14 years old. Hes not able to attend the hearing tomorrow is there a penalty if he doesn't show up? He received the letter while he was in another country taking care of his ill mother. what should he do?

Asked on 11/24/19, 5:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Clement Law Offices of Daniel Clement

If your husband does not appear, he will be in default. In his absence, a court will determine the amount of support to be paid.

I strongly suggest your husband not ignore the appearance.

Daniel Clement


Read more
Answered on 11/26/19, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York