Legal Question in Family Law in New York

How do I go about getting joint or full custody of my 6 yr old daughter. We never married but she has my last name. I am on unemployment but give mother $150 weekly. Last 4 months, mother has denied me seeing my daughter . Thank you Matt Brooklyn NY

Asked on 5/30/10, 6:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Markowitz Michael A. Markowitz, PC

You would have to file a petition with the Family Court. The Family Court in Brooklyn has an intake part and staff will help you prepare the petition.


Read more
Answered on 5/31/10, 5:18 am
Pasquale Calcagno Calcagno & Associates, PLLC

The case is properly venued in Family Court. I have offices in Brooklyn if you would like to come in for a consultation to discuss your custody issues. The consultation fee is $250.00. Call me if you are interested in speaking to us - no obligation.

I look forward to speaking with you and possibly fighting hard for your rights.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/10, 9:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York