Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my son is a federal inmate. Can the child's mother get a passport for the child without the father's permission. The father is in federal prison and he is legally the baby's father?

Asked on 5/28/10, 8:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

The custodial parent is the one person who is empowered to make decisons as to where the child resides and whether the child can travel. A prison inmate is somewhat "civily dead."

Read more
Answered on 5/29/10, 3:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York