Legal Question in Family Law in New York

What legal remedies & rights do I have in the following dilemma: I have been called, threatened, harrasssed, intimidated & vendictive false claims made to my local (NY) CPS office (by my ex AND his sister) b/c I filed a family court petition on my ex for a violation AND modification of the support order, as well asked for a money judgment & he's facing possible jail time. I filed a DIR w/my police dept & received a FULL STAY-AWAY ORDER OF PROTECTION from family court, the judge who saw fit to give me an OP, also assigned me an atty for this case..can't I have my atty communicate on my behalf w/the ACS investigators,etc.?

Asked on 6/04/10, 5:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Salinger Law Office of Joel R. Salinger

You will want to tell your attorney about the CPS investigation. Let him or her tell you what you can do at that point. You do not have any recourse against them for filing reports but you can bring this to the attention of the court. Let your attorney do this. Everything else you are doing is the right way to go.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/10, 8:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York