Legal Question in Family Law in New York

If I am pro se, how do I supeona witness's? Can I supeona my ex-husbands attorney?

Asked on 4/12/12, 12:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

You prepare the subpoena. Bring it to the clerk of the Court. If it is in good form, and upon payment of a nominal fee, the clerk will sign the subpoena, which you then have served by a process server. You can subpoena your ex's attorney but he might refuse to answer your questions on grounds of attorney-client privilege.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 1:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York